Friday, January 28, 2011

Yoga

I love yoga.


I started doing yoga in dance classes when I was younger. It was ok, but I would have rather been dancing. At dance camp one year I fell asleep in yoga and started snoring...embarrassing! I was never that flexible for a dancer, so it sucked when everyone else was folding themselves in half and bending in all sorts of weird ways and I couldn't even come close! When I got to college, I took a few yoga classes and kind of liked them. It was a good way to try and stay flexible (the little flexibility I had!) once I stopped dancing. freshmen year I discovered CorePower Yoga.

CorePower Yoga is a really unique yoga studio. The heat in the room is turned up to like 100 degrees, so if you are planning on going out to dinner or hanging out with friends after a class, make sure you leave time to shower. You will be sweaty! I really enjoyed yoga sculpt, even though it completely kicked my butt. It's a class that's a combination of yoga and weights. It'll be hard, but you'll love it! 

The only downside to CorePower is that it's really expensive, especially if you're not a student. It's $124 for a membership, which is more expensive than your average gym. If you're really into yoga and you think you'd go a few times a week, then it's probably worth it! Also, they offer a week free for new people to try it out! Just go here to get your coupon :)

I've been a member of both Lifetime Fitness and LA Fitness since then, and they both offer yoga classes as well.

I preferred the classes Lifetime, but had to cancel my membership because I couldn't afford the clubs that were close to my apartment. They offered a yoga class called "Warrior Fusion" that I really liked. Now I go to LA Fitness, and their classes are average... You just have to find an instructor you really like, and I haven't really found one at LA yet. Everyone teaches a little bit differently, so it can take a little while to find someone with a teaching style you really enjoy. I'm sure I'll eventually find a yoga class I like at LA!


Let me know if you know of any yoga studios that are cheaper than CorePower that have hot yoga because that was my favorite part of the class! It's just a little too expensive for me, and I don't think I'd go enough to make it worth it. 

If you've never tried yoga, GO! It's super relaxing and it'll re-energize you. Let me know what you think after you try it! 

<3Love,
Sarah D

No comments:

Post a Comment