Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Herkimer

I love the Herkimer.

Being a Packer fan in Minnesota isn't always fun. The first game of the season, we went to watch the game at Cowboy Slims in Uptown. We left at half time and went to Williams because there weren't really any people out watching the game. The bartender at Williams said we had to go to the Herkimer if we were Packer fans. Best piece of advice ever.

Besides going to Lambeau, the Herk is the best place to watch the game. The fans there are crazy fun and extremely dedicated. The picture above is from last night's game when we kicked the Atlanta Falcons butt! It was so much fun, and the bar was packed with people supporting the green and gold.

Another reason why I love the Herkimer is that it's the perfect safe haven to watch Packer - Vikings games at. There were a few Vikings fans that decided to watch the game at the Herk, for some reason, and I think they probably regretted that decision after we destroyed them :) Me and Macie have a tendency to heckle and get overly excited (as seen above).

The brew their own beer so you won't find any miller or coors there, but I've heard that the beer is pretty good. Personally, I don't like beer, so I stick with the mixed drinks. I usually just have diet coke and vodka for $4, not bad. My favorite thing to order at the Herkimer are their cheese curds! They're delicious. They have a Packer menu during the Packer game, and you can't really go wrong with anything on the menu. The cheese curds are definitely the best, but I also love their nachos and fried egg sandwich.

Thanks to the awesome game last night, we'll see you next Sunday at noon when the Packers take on the awful Chicago Bears for the NFC championship. I think the Pack will take it all this year...Super Bowl bound :) 

<3Love,
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment