Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chili

I love Cooking Chili.

Chili is delicious. In the past, I've always just stuck with the kind that my dad makes because it's awesome. I haven't been home in a month, so I've been missing chili and decided it was about time to try and make some myself. I started making it by following the recipe on the back of the Chili spice pack, but then starting adding more stuff!  Chili is perfect for cold weather, like this last week has been. It's also super convenient because I can make nearly 5 servings in one night and eat it all week. I usually try and make it on Sunday and then eat it all week, but Sunday was way too busy so no time (GO PACK GO! Super Bowl bound...) Anyways, back to the chili...

I start with...
  • 1 lb of ground turkey
  • Pack of chili seasoning
  • Tomato sauce
  • Diced tomatoes (sometimes the store has the chili-ready tomatoes, which are awesome, but they weren't at Target)
  • Garbanzo beans
  •  Black beans
  •  Kidney beans 
  • Pinto beans
  • Corn
First, I cook the ground turkey in a frying pan.

Once the ground turkey is browned, add the chili seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Mix it all together and keep it over heat until it's bubbling! I know, very technical cooking terms :) Once it's done, but it in a larger pot and add all the beans and corn.


Put the chili over heat on medium and cover until warm and ready to eat. You'll then have about 5 servings, each about 450 calories, the perfect meal! Sometimes I also add cheese and sour cream, which means it's less healthy, but more delicious. Now I'll have lunch tomorrow, Thursday and Friday! 

Yum! Try out the recipe and let me know what you think. It's really easy to add different ingredients and take ones out that you don't like, so feel free to experiment. I don't think I've ever made it with all the same ingredients in it.

 Let me know what you think :)

<3Love,
Sarah D

No comments:

Post a Comment