Monday, January 17, 2011

Thrifty Hipster

I love thriftyhipster.com.

Thrifty Hipster is a great tool for those people who live in Minneapolis, especially Uptown, although they do cover Downtown, GLBT, Northeast, University, St. Paul and South. If you and your friends want to go out for Happy Hour, and everyone is done with work by 6:00, you can go to the website and put in Monday at 6:00pm to see the specials in any area you want! 




It's super easy to use! After I clicked "Ta Daa!" I got this list of bars and restaurants in Uptown...

...and that's just Uptown. The list for downtown is even longer! Let's say I decided on Williams because it's by my apartment so it's easiest to get to in this gross weather. You just click on it and all of the specials are listed with a description of the bar and reviews.
I just moved to Uptown in August, and thriftyhipster.com has made it super easy to find great deals. Uptown typically has a reputation of being more expensive than most locations around Minneapolis, but this website really helps me keep going out cheaper than it might be without knowing about deals in advance!

Are there any other websites you use to keep within a budget while still having fun and going out?

What's the best deal you've found on Thrifty Hipster? My fave is still $3 martinis from Drink :)

Hope this is helpful! 

<3Love,
Sarah



 

No comments:

Post a Comment