Monday, January 10, 2011

Brussels Sprouts

I love brussel sprouts.

Yup! You heard me right. I love Brussels sprouts, well at least the way my dad makes them. He put pancetta (bacon) in them... I'm now to the point of eating them without the bacon. So much healthier, but, also, pancetta is pretty expensive.

So, I'm not a chef at all. My recipe is very open to interpretation. Definitely try it at home, but feel free to change things up! 

First, preheat oven to 375. Then, you take Brussels sprouts, about a pound of them, and cut off the bottoms. Once they are ready, put them on a cookie sheet. 

Drizzle with....
2-3 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar 
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper 

If you want to add bacon, go a head and cook that separate first and add it to the sprouts now! 

Then put them in the oven for 20 minutes, checking on them every 5 minutes. I usually stir them around every 5 minutes to make sure they're getting evenly coated with delicious balsamic vinegar! 

Then... Voila! 

I ate mine with left over lasagna that me and my bf, Brian, made this weekend, yum! Delicious dinner.

Like I said, I'm not a chef and this recipe is definitely open to interpretation! Try making them your own way and let me know how it goes :-) 

<3Love,
Sarah D

No comments:

Post a Comment