Friday, January 14, 2011

Sushi

I love sushi.


About two years ago, I would have never said that. I hate most seafood and was really scared to try sushi. But I loved it! It's so delicious. Thank to Allison, Heather, Vy and Chris, I have become addicted. The only places I've ever had sushi at are Wasabi, Matsu-Ya, Sushi Tango and Akita. 


Wasabi has an awesome sushi happy hour. It's from 4:30-6:30pm on weekdays and 10pm-2am Tuesday through Saturday. They have an assortment of rolls that are $4-6 during happy hour and 2-4-1 beers. I love it because it's downtown and parking is free! 

Matsu-Ya is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, my home town. They have delicious sushi and really yummy Raspberry Sake. I went there for my brother's 21st birthday when I was home over Thanksgiving, and it was delicious. We had the spider roll and the shrimp tempura for sure, and they were so good. I would definitely suggest them both!


Sushi Tango is in Calhoun Square in Uptown. Apparently they have a really good happy hour, but the only time I went, I was too late for happy hour! My favorite roll there was the Vegas roll, or at least that's what I think it was called. It doesn't have it on the menu online, but it was so delicious! The rest of them were pretty average, but it's convenient because it's so close to my apartment, which is nice!



Akita sushi is the besssst! They don't have a website so I couldn't find a picture, but it's located in Tamarack Hills in Woodbury, MN. During the week, they have $15 all you can eat lunch. The amount of food you can eat while you are there is unbelievable and such a great deal! I went there for Brian's birthday and I think the two of us ate enough for a family of five...ugh. It makes me full just thinking about it. Vy, Heather, Al, Chris and myself have put away a lot a lot of food there before too. They have other food there too besides sushi, like tempura veggies, udon soups, deep fried deliciousness and more!

Where are your favorite sushi restaurants? Know of any good sushi happy hours?

<3Love,
Sarah D

No comments:

Post a Comment