Monday, February 7, 2011

Taco Dip

I love taco dip.

Wow, I'm bad about updating my blog lately. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things this week. Also, let me just say, GO PACK GO! What an awesome game last night. Did anyone else enjoy that as much as me? :) This blog will be dedicated to delicious taco dip that I made yesterday for the Super Bowl! Check it out...


Bad news. I didn't take pictures when I actually was making it yesterday, so I'm stealing these off google images. Fail. I promise I'll be better this week about doing my blog and actually taking my own pictures of things! 

All you need for taco dip is... 
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese 
- Taco seasoning 
- 1 tomato
- Can of Olives 
- Taco Seasoned Cheese 
- Shredded Lettuce 

First, mix together the sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning. I made the taco dip around noon on Sunday, so when I woke up around 9am on Sunday, I took them out of the fridge so they would soften up and be easier to mix! 
Once you mix it all together, spread it out on a big plate or in a brownie-type pan. There have been a few times I've used a cookie sheet as well if I decide to use 12 oz containers of sour cream and cream cheese when I'm cooking for a really big group of people.

Then dice the tomatoes and cut the olives. Then layer the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and cheese onto the dip. It is delicious, and definitely a crowd pleaser. I don't think that the dip lasted more than 20 minutes last night at the Super Bowl party. Just serve it with Tostitos.


This is the perfect snack to bring to a party or any gathering where you're expected to bring a dish to share. I definitely suggest making it! The only downside is that it does not keep well. However, people usually finish it in one sitting so you don't usually have to deal with the problem of having left overs.

Try it out and let me know what you think! 
When you go to a party, what is the dish you always make to pass? 

<3Love,
Sarah D

No comments:

Post a Comment